is in amsterdam where I am currently writing from. carla and i are sitting at opposing computers at 8am (we just paid 6 euros for very little internet time. i dont even know what the conversion rate is right now, ive really been in hiding)... really 1am in United States superpower time. Being awake right now really reminds me of being on call, you know, that slightly loopy, giggly feel.
so when i was packing i was weary of travelling anymore, after my interview trail of fire, but I woke up really excited. i finally get to work in the medical field in another country! i've been waiting forever to get to this point. I think i am also excited because this trip marks being done with my interviews, rank list, and all that. so i just have to wait till march 15th. this will make time fly!
so many people assume that because I am ethnically Indian, I will know what is going on. From my brief prior experience vacationing in Kerala 3 years ago, I can tell you that south india is basically a whole different world than the north india that I know from relative visiting, etc. Different language, culture, food, dress, religion, roads. So we will see if chennai and vell;ore are similar. We arrive in bombay next and have a 6 hour layover. before flying to chennai and then taking a four hour taxi to vellore. you want to talk about post call giddiness? this will be a whole new level of silly rupa.
I packed very light. A few pairs of pants and shirts and basics. I am going to dress in traditional indian garb while working. i brought my bro's digital camera (no i have not given up on film, just taking a break)so perhaps i'll post some pics. carla's travel blog is mytravelbabble.blogspot.com... for additional pics.
will write again when something exciting happens!
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i cant believe you are in amsterdam right now! i am so excited for you. have fun and try to get some rest every now and then.
take care luv.
Post a Comment